Demco Automation is a regional leader in designing and constructing automated assembly systems for the medical device, electronics, pharmaceutical, automotive, and consumer products industries. We are located in Quakertown, PA, and searching for a Mechanical Engineer-Machine Designer to join our team:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and document various machine elements within custom automated assembly systems including areas such as assembly mechanisms, tooling, robotics, safety systems, machine frames, and pneumatic/motor-driven actuators.
- Specify commercial components, materials, coatings, and other pertinent design information.
- Create and update Bill of Materials, Assembly Drawings, As-Built Drawings, and set-up procedures.
- Occasionally visit customer sites for design meetings, service calls, retrofits, or other activities.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers to relay design information.
- Coordinate and lead projects through Engineering, design, manufacturing release, fabrication/assembly, test/debug, conditioning, FAT, and installation/service.
- Create and/or maintain project schedules as necessary.
- Work in an Applications Engineering role as required to develop technical descriptions costing, proposals, and other sales related activities.
Experience & Requirements:
- 3-5 years minimum experience in equipment/machine design with a proficiency in 3D design tools such as SolidWorks Autodesk Inventor or AutoCAD 2007 3D or higher version.
- Design mechanisms, tooling, and processes for automated assembly systems.
- Create and modify CAD drawings and material lists including machined parts, assemblies, pneumatics, and other items related to automation system.
- Work in a team environment with Engineering, management, and manufacturing personnel to provide innovative solutions.
- Experience and working knowledge of pneumatics, bearings, slides, sensors, mechanical adjustments, dies, tooling, etc. Experience and working knowledge of drafting standards, tolerances,
- machined parts, etc.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Good analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform outside of job description.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org