Demco Automation is a regional leader in designing and constructing automated assembly systems for the medical device, electronics, pharmaceutical, automotive, and consumer/industrial industry sectors. We are located in Quakertown, PA, and searching for a Machine Builder to join our team:
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Machine and/or fabricate various machine elements within custom automated assembly systems including areas such as mounting brackets, assembly mechanisms, robotic grippers, safety guarding, machine frames, pneumatic/motor-driven actuators.
• Assemble mechanical sub-assemblies, assemble guarding, and basic debugging of equipment.
• Perform machine adjustments, alignments, and other equipment setup-related tasks during project construction.
• Perform other duties as requested from time to time to fulfill corporate goals and objectives.
Experience & Requirements:
• 3-5 years minimum experience in conventional machining technologies including vertical milling machine, lathe, and surface grinder
• 2-4 years minimum experience in assembling mechanical sub-assemblies, mechanisms, or other systems
• Machining experience in various materials including but not limited to carbon steels, stainless steels, tool steels, and plastics
• Machine components to tolerances of +/- 0.005” (application specific) and below
• Proficient in reading machined part drawings with little or no assistance
• Familiarity with bearings, cams, linkages, pneumatic cylinders, ball screws, sensors and other equipment-related components
• Assemble mechanisms, machine frames, safety guarding
• Fabricate machine guarding and framing from aluminum extrusion, polycarbonate sheet, and basic thinner gauge sheet metal fabrications
• Operate fork truck and/or pallet jack equipment as needed
• Have the ability to lift 75 pounds
• Ability to stand for 8 to 10 hours a day
• Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment
• Work in team environment with Engineering, Management, and Manufacturing personnel to provide innovative solutions
• Regular Use of measuring instruments (caliper, micrometer, gauges, etc.)
• Working knowledge of pneumatics, bearings, slides, sensors, mechanical adjustments, dies, tooling, etc. is preferred but not required
• Experience in operating CNC vertical machining centers is preferred but not required
• Detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize and organize
• Good math and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
Send resume to: email@example.com